Plant A Seed!
Activity type: Offline
For ages: 5 to 7
Time: 20 minutes
Learning outcome: Decomposition, Sequence
About "Plant A Seed"
Let your child create their own steps to plant a seed, and make sure your they follow it! The goal here is to start building the skills to translate real-world situations into online scenarios, and vice versa.
• Flower Pot
• Printable worksheet (find it here)
- Circle the steps for planting a seed from the printable worksheet.
Work together to choose the six correct steps from the nine total options.
- Glue the six correct steps, in order, onto a separate piece of paper.
- Follow the instructions, step-by-step, to plant the seed!
Questions to ask afterwards to reflect with your child:
• What steps would you have added to make the process even better?
• What if the algorithm had been only one step: "Plant the seed"?
• Would it have been easier or harder?
• What if it were forty steps?
• What was your favorite part about that activity?